Quantity Surveyors / Civil Technologists / Civil Engineers
Pyramid Construction Limited’s office in St. John’s, NL is seeking Quantity Surveyors / Civil Technologists / Civil Engineers to join our team for our ongoing construction operations on the Avalon Peninsula, NL.
Build the roadway for a lasting and successful career in Civil Contracting by starting with a reputable and proven team. Pyramid Construction Limited’s diverse team offers a unique opportunity for individuals looking to work in the fast-paced environment of civil construction. We offer a strong blend of field and office management roles for complex projects. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our sector and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Completing bid request quantity take offs, this includes AutoCAD Civil3D analysis;
- 3D Surface modelling and comparison volume computations with AutoCAD Civil3D;
- Collecting and analyzing GPS survey data for as-builts submission and layout;
- Assisting with the completing of estimates, proposals, and monthly invoicing;
- Developing and adhering to budgets, timelines, and work plans;
- Completing traffic control plans in accordance with DTI Traffic Control Manual;
- Obtain all necessary project permits and underground locates;
- Communicating with clients and project foreman both verbally and digitally in a professional manner; and
- Supervising and coordinating staff to ensure field activities are completed in accordance with the project specifications and design drawings.
- Diploma/Degree from Technical College or University;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD including Civil 3D;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Project);
- Strong understanding of good construction practices;
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, organized, and able to prioritize deadlines;
- Solid verbal and written communication skills;
- Energetic, team oriented player with a commitment to quality client service;
- Experience working with safety as a top priority
- Ability to operate and maintain survey equipment (GPS, Total Station, etc.);
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to effectively communicate with management personnel;
- Previous experience with construction surveying and field layout is an asset;
- Experience with Construction Accounting and Tracking Software such as Jonas and Wintik is an asset; and
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
Work Hours and Benefits:
- We offer competitive salary positions;
- Heath and Dental Benefits; and
- Employee RRSP matching.